**For brief information (Bengali) Click here
Higher Secondary Vocational
The (X+2) Higher Secondary (Vocational) courses were started in 1976 in Shilpayatana. In 2005 they were affiliated to the West Bengal State Council for Vocational Education and Training (WBSCVE&T), a statutory body formed under West Bengal Act VII of 2005. This Council is now called West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD). Two streams in Engineering and Technology discipline are offered. The technical subjects are based on 1st year Diploma Engineering courses. The course is rigorous both in theory and practical. Candidates should be ready to undergo practical based classes in technical subjects as well as study in core subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
The Higher Secondary (Vocational) syllabus is modeled on a combination of H.S. general course and 1st year syllabus of Diploma Engineering courses. During the course, the young students get introduced to subjects concerning technical education for the first time in their school life. As a result, students have an option to set their career journey on many pathways and with more confidence.
- This course is a springboard to professional technical courses like ITI, Diploma Engineering and B.Tech.
- The H.S. (Voc.) certificate has been declared to be equivalent to H.S. general certificate. Therefore, some students pursue higher studies in B.Sc.(Major), B.Sc.(General) or B.C.A. Courses in Universities. However, they may not get admission to B.Sc. (Honours) courses in some universities.
- Students may avail apprenticeship opportunities provided by Board of Practical Training (BoPT).
- Students may choose direct employment under industries
- Students may also be self-employed using their skills learnt in the duration of the course.
Note – In previous years, it is seen that most students opt for Diploma in Polytechnics by lateral entry to 2nd year through VOCLET examination conducted the West Bengal Technical Education & Training Department. For lateral entry students may only be allowed to apply in the same stream as in H.S.( Voc.). 60% marks in Class XII final exam is required to qualify for VOCLET.
Courses offered: Two streams in Engineering & Technology discipline: (i) Electrical (ii) Computer
Intake : 25 students per stream.
- Candidate has to full up online Application Form available only on this website. For all matters regarding admission please follow the official website of Shilpavidyalaya: http://www.rkmshilpavidyalaya.ac.in
- Form link is given in the Admissions Menu. Go to ADMISSIONS Menu > HS ADMISSION 2022 drop down
- Only ONE Application Form is to be filled; choice preference for both streams can be given in one form.
- Cost of Application Form will be NOT be charged during selection process.
- Due to Coronavirus pandemic, online Application Form is the preferred medium this year. Any candidate wanting to avail hard-copy of the Application Form directly from the office of the institute should make a special request over phone @ 033-29550096.
Procedure of Admission: Selections would be based on the Madhyamik result (or Class IX result if the Class X result is not yet published), as well as performance in the interview to test the overall fitness for technical courses. Some basic level questions in Maths and Science will be asked.
|GROUP||CLASS XI||CLASS XII|
Electrical Maintenance & Installation Group (ETEM)
Computer Maintenance & Networking Group ( ETCM )
Working hours : 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. from Monday to Friday
9.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. on Saturdays
Special stress is laid on attendance during the start of Prayer at 9.30 a.m.
Holidays : The institute has a list of holidays for 30 days in a calendar year apart from summer vacation as per norms.
Attendance : Higher Secondary Vocational courses are full-time courses with having sessional marks for class/workshop work in many subjects. Skills learnt on one day are invariably linked with the training imparted on the next day. Hence for securing good training great stress is laid on full attendance. Minimum compulsory attendance is 75%. Students with less attendance may be debarred from appearing in the final exams.
Uniform : Two sets of Sky Blue shirt ; Navy Blue full trouser ; Blue sweater for winter. Black Leather Shoes.
Hostel Facilities : No hostel facility is available. However many students stay in rented rooms in nearby locations outside the campus.
Concessions : Railway concession is available in the local trains for students commuting daily from their homes to the institute.
Scholarships : About 5 students who are meritorious but financially weak are provided with scholarships every year.
Library : All text books have to compulsorily procured by students for the courses. However our Library has a rich resource of study materials including syllabus books for issue and reference.
Extra curricular activities : Games like volleyball, football, cricket; gardening; participation on special occasions like Vishwakarma and Saraswati Pujas; programs in Belurmath as volunteers; publication of Annual Souvenir, wall magazine; occasional excursion.
Mobiles : One Smart Phone is required by the student for online classes. As a rule use of mobile phone for non-academic purpose is strictly prohibited in the campus. Students failing to follow this discipline may be fined or if necessary discharged from the course.
Undertaking from Trainees
On joining the institute the candidates will be required to give an undertaking to abide by the discipline of the Institute, to take care of the tools and equipment entrusted to their charge, not to discontinue the course, and to confirm to any other conditions prescribed in the interest of the course. If they fail to fulfill the terms of the undertaking they may have to face disciplinary action including fines or may have to even forfeit their seat.